Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall= Soup!

It’s officially Fall! My favorite season!


In addition to the cooler weather, the leaves changing colors, the apple cider and pumpkins, it is also time for SOUP! So to start off this season I made a Carrot Apple Ginger Soup. It’s a very vegetarian soup, but even my carnivorous husband liked it! As a copyright attorney I should know better, however, I do not have a source for this recipe. I’ve had this recipe for a long time and always wanted to try it. However, it’s been so long I have no idea where I got it from! So I apologize to whomever came up with this wonderful creation originally … it is delicious!


Carrot Apple Ginger Soup

Ingredients


1 lb. carrots (peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces)

½ lb. parsnips (peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces)

1 lb. apples (peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces)

3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1 tsp. salt

½ tsp. black pepper

1 quart vegetable or chicken broth

1 cup water

1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine carrots, parsnips, apples, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss well to coat. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet (may require two baking sheets). Roast for 12 to 15 minutes, until soft and browned. Transfer to a large sauce pan and cover with broth and water. Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer. Stir in ginger and cook for 8 to 10 minutes longer. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Blend until smooth, using a regular blender or an immersion blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Hubby said...

The great picture was taken by Jeannette’s awesome husband.