Friday, January 30, 2009

Kale Chips

I know, I know, these sound crazy. But trust me they are AWESOME. I bought a huge bunch of kale for the Minestrone soup last week. I had a lot left over and wasn't sure what to do with it. I saw these on Kath Eats Real Food, a blog I currently love to read, and was intrigued... I figured they were simple enough that if it didn't work out, no big deal. Well Tony and I were both pleasantly surprised. Although you can't tell from the pictures, the kale goes from a bouncy leafy green to a crisp chip in a matter of 15 minutes! They are crunchy and salty and a delicious side dish. Who would have thought?!?....

Ingredients
1 bunch Kale
2 tsp olive oil
Kosher salt
Parmesan Cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet with tin foil. Tear kale leaves off stems and tear into bite size pieces. Spread kale onto cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with grated parm. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the edges are brown and kale is crispy. Enjoy!

No comments: