Thursday, July 24, 2008

New Beginnings

We are finally settled into our new house and love it! We couldn’t be happier! So now with a new kitchen to break in, I am ready to get back to this blog!

I took these pictures a month ago, but they are worth documenting in cyberspace for eternity:

Peonies are my favorite flower and, of course, they are only in bloom for what seems like three days of the year. My wedding bouquet was supposed to be peonies. The florist promised I would have them. However, as the big day approached, I learned they had gone “out of season” and in order have them I would have to ship them in from Holland. I chose to have an actual reception instead, so I went with roses. That is how my love/hate relationship with these beauties began. So I was very surprised when I walked into Whole Foods one afternoon in June and saw row after row of peonies staring at me!

Have I been able to find them again since? Of course not. The next weekend I went back and they were out, as were three other florists in the city. The way I see it, peonies are like my unicorn or four leaf clover. I need to document their existence because it will probably be another 100 years before I capture them again:

No comments: